Job Description – Funeral Assistant – Closing Date 26th November 2021
E J Gumery and Son is a long established independent family run funeral directors.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- Bearing on funerals – carrying the coffin on the shoulder
- Driving of funeral vehicles (hearse and limousine) on funerals
- Ensuring all company vehicles are kept washed and in pristine condition
- Driving all other company vehicles
- Receiving and bringing the deceased into our care with the utmost respect and dignity
- Preparing and dressing the deceased
- Conducting chapel visits
- Preparing and trimming coffins
- Keeping the premises, mortuary and equipment clean and well maintained
- Attention to detail as you will need to complete paperwork, mortuary register etc…
- Participate in the on-call rota
- Attending interment of cremated remains
- To act as duty manager evenings and weekends
We operate 365 days a year, 24 hours a day so you must be flexible to take part in our out of hours rota system and ideally live within 30 minutes of our premises.
The job involves heavy lifting so you must have a good level of physical fitness.
The right candidate must be professional, have excellent communication skills and also be committed and reliable with a can-do attitude.
You must also understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion and be committed to maintaining our high standards and excellent reputation with great care and attention to detail.